Game of Thrones is everyone’s favourite show. Full of politics, intrigue, nudity and dragons, it’s the HBO show that just keeps on giving. Here are 10 crazy facts about the hit show:
/READ MORE// 10 Awesome Facts About Breaking Bad
- The cost of each episode is a whopping $6 million which increases by about 15% per season.
- The lovable Peter Dinklage (Tyrion Lannister) hasn’t let dwarfism stop him from leading a normal life. He is happily married and has a 2-year old daughter. Go Peter!
- In reality, Peter is a vegetarian. The “meat” you see him digging into on screen is actually tofu. Well, it could have fooled any of us.
- The role of the scheming queen would have gone to someone else if it weren’t for Peter Dinklage. He and Lena Headey have been friends since before the show and it was he who recommended her to the producers for the role of Cersei Lannister.
- There are a couple of faces on the show you would have seen in the Harry Potter movies. Michelle Fairley who plays the brave Lady Stark was also Hermione’s mother and Osha (Natalia Tena) who takes care of Bran was the spunky Tonks in the world of Hogwarts. Now you know why they look so familiar.
- Actor, Nikolaj Coster-Waldeu (Jaime Lannister) can’t get enough of the scene where Tyrian slaps Joffrey. He has admitted to constantly replaying the scene on Youtube for a few laughs.
- The iron throne on the show measures 8 ft tall and is built from a wooden frame and hundreds of heated swords. It took 2 months to build but is quite uncomfortable to sit on.
- Linguistics expert David Peterson created the Dothraki language for the series, which now consists of over 3000 words.
- Sansa Stark’s direwolf from season 1, Zunni is actually a dog and was adopted by the actress, Sophie Turner’s family.
- Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark) is a natural blonde, while Lena Heady (Cersei Lannister) and Emilia Clarke Clarke (Daenerys Targaryen/Khaleesi) are both brunettes in actuality. They’re live examples of the wonders of the wig.