Coffee. We can’t live without it, and I agree with the first statement. For a beverage we drink every morning we really don’t know that much about it. Here’s ten amazing facts about coffee, our morning saviour.
/READ MORE // How To Get Fair Trade Coffee at Starbucks
- Coffee Is Actually A Fruit!
- It used to be custom in Turkey that if a husband did not provide his wife with coffee, it was grounds for divorce.
- Brazil is the world’s biggest producer of coffee by a wide margin, followed by Vietnam and Colombia.
- It would take around 100 cups of coffee for a lethal dose of caffeine.
- New York drinks about 7 times as much coffee as the rest of the world,
- The first webcam was invented to monitor how much coffee was left in the pot at the University of Cambridge
- Coffee is the #2 most traded commodity on earth, coming only second to oil!
- People who drink a moderate amount of coffee are less likely to develop Alzheimers or dementia in old age
- Legend has it that coffee was discovered by Ethiopian shepherds who discovered their goats dancing around after eating the beans
- The word “coffee” comes from the Arabic “qahhwat al-bun,” meaning “wine of the bean.”